We will be starting a new novel unit on the book titled, Frindle, written by Andrew Clements. Today we will preview the novel.
Reading Journal - Intro Page
Create a new page in your journal to separate this new section. This is where you will record all your information forFrindle. Add sketches to your introduction page as time allows.
First make your prediction pages in your journal
Today we are going to start to read the book, Frindle, written by Andrew Clements Lets start with some predictions about the book. To make predictions before they read, good readers use: -pictures, -titles, -headings, -text -personal experiences
Predicting involves thinking ahead while reading and anticipating information and events in the text.
Lets make predictions about Frindle
1. Look at the cover, skim the book, look at any illustrations and read the chapter titles.
2. Make some predictions about the book. What do you think it's going to be about?
3. Write your predictions in your notebook.
4. Now, read the blurb on the back of your book. A blurb is a short description of the plot of a book.
5. Watch the background video below.
6. Did your predictions change after reading the blurb and watching the video? Add to your prediction in your journal