1. Look and read the cover. What do you notice?
2. Skim the book. How is it written?
3. Look at the cover again. What else do you notice?
**The 100 Dresses is the winner of the Newbery Medal award. This award is given annually to the author of "the most
distinguished contribution to American literature for children."
It is one of the prestigious awards an author can receive.
4. Now read the blurb on the back of the book. The blurb will gives us a better understanding of what the book is about.
6. Make some predictions about the book. What do you think it's
going to be about?